This post is sponsored by Cascade. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
My kitchen is easily one of the messiest parts of the house. It’s where the kids (and dogs) eat their meals, where everyone comes in from the garage, and backpacks, groceries and mail get strewn all over the place. Needless to say, it’s a constant battle to keep it tidy. There is nothing worse than waking up in the morning with a messy kitchen all while trying to get yourself and kids ready for the day. There are a few things I do in the evening to try and make my mornings run smoother.
1. Clean the Microwave while you tidy – Scrubbing a microwave is the worst. It’s like a dark cave that you can’t clearly see so you’re just kind of winging it. A few years ago I read about this cleaning trick and it actually works. Take a microwavable bowl and fill half with lemon juice, half with water and then microwave for 5 minutes. When the timer goes off, voila! You have a clean microwave and saved yourself 5 minutes of scrubbing.
2. Cascade pure essentials is my new secret weapon when it comes to removing tough grease and set-on food stains. I don’t have time to pre-wash all the dishes just so I can put them into the dishwasher to be washed again! I need a product that will work for me, not against me. Cascade has simplified their winning formula and developed an ActionPac that is free of phosphates and chlorine bleach. Each ActionPac is infused with biobased ingredients and produces zero waste in landfills. How amazing is that? Not only are your dishes getting clean but it has ingredients that you can feel good about using for your family. It’s a win-win! I run the dishwasher before going to bed every night so I don’t have to wake up to a sink full of dirty dishes. Cascade pure essentials are available at Kroger stores now and you can get $1 off any Cascade pure essentials item now through May 25 here.
3. Laundry baskets in our house are for more than just holding laundry. I use them for miscellaneous items that belong in places besides the kitchen. I gather things in the basket throughout the day that go upstairs or in the basement … basically any item that isn’t food or a dish goes in this basket. Then at the end of the day I carry the basket upstairs with me and separate items out where they really belong (kids rooms, bathroom, dresser, etc). I also use this trick if I have company coming over and I didn’t have time to clean. Everything goes in the laundry basket and in the garage until they leave 🙂
4. A few years ago we invested in a robotic vacuum for the hardwood floors. Between the constant crumbs from the kids and dogs, and the amount of pet hair flying around, that sucker needs to be running literally all day long. Every evening when we go upstairs for the night I set the vacuum to run over the hardwoods. Once it’s finished, it finds its home base and charges when it’s done.
5. This may seem like a no-brainer but it’s my favorite part of cleaning. Having sparkling, clean countertops are my favorite. So while the microwave is cleaning, I spend those 5 minutes wiping down all counters, the fridge, dishwasher, and sink. That’s my final step before I head up to bed. All in all, everything takes around 20 minutes of my actual time and it makes me a much happier person in the morning!
At the end of the day our ultimate goal is to be able to spend as much time as possible with family and loved ones, not worry about a messy house. What are your go-to cleaning hacks to save you time?