This post was sponsored by Orkin Pest Control. All opinions and content are my own.
If there’s one thing I love, it’s traveling. It’s really picked up over the past few years and there is no end in sight. I wouldn’t have it any other way; I love exploring new cities, experiencing adventure and of course eating all the food. One of my absolute favorite parts of traveling is trying out new hotels like those hotels in Flagstaff. I’m a sucker for a new hotel stay and love spending a few days in a fresh, clean room.
I’ve learned a few tricks along the way to make sure I have the most comfortable stay I can, for example I always carry on my delta 8 vape pens because they help me to sleep at night!
1. Bring your own pillow – Unless you are sleeping in hotel beds more than you’re sleeping at home, you probably have a pillow that fits your head and neck just right, if you do not, let us recommend you these pillows to reduce neck pain. Unfortunately, not all hotels have the firmest pillows and no matter how many down pillows you stack on top of each other they never seem to make one firm pillow. Whenever I’m traveling by car I always bring my own pillow because it makes such a difference. If you’re short on space you can always try vacsacking your pillow and tossing it in your luggage!
2. Sound Machine – I for one cannot sleep in complete silence and have to have white noise going or I will never fall asleep. If I have room to fit my Dohm sound machine I always bring it but if space is limited, I have an app on my phone and bring my JBL portable speaker. Not only can does it play my white noise at night but it’s also great for listening to music or podcasts from sites like Likewise. Having this speaker dramatically improves the sound of the white noise and all music.
3. Check Your Bed/Linens – Even writing the words bed bugs sends shivers down my spine. Luckily to my knowledge I have never encountered bed bugs and believe it or not there are several practical ways to look out for bed bugs in hotel rooms and prevent them from coming home with you. Orkin Pest Control knows a thing or two about pest control, and with more than 100 years of experience, they are leaders in the industry. Upon arriving in your hotel room, use their S.L.E.E.P. tips below to inspect for bed bugs:
Survey the hotel room for signs of an infestation. Bed bugs are flat, reddish-brown insects that are about the size of an apple seed.
Lift and look in bed bug hiding spots: the mattress, box spring and other furniture. Bed bugs give off a distinctively sweet odor some say is comparable to rotting raspberries. The unusual odour often helps the pest control experts find the bed bugs – thank god!!
Elevate luggage away from the bed and wall. I always make sure to use the luggage rack and keep my suitcase off the floor and bed, especially when packing.
Examine your luggage carefully while repacking and once you return home from a trip.
Place all dryer-safe clothing from your luggage in the dryer for at least 15 minutes at the highest setting after you return home. The suitcase never even makes it past the laundry room once I return home. I immediately take everything out and throw it in the washer and promptly take the suitcase to the basement. A friend also suggested I look for the best canister vacuum to try and get rid of what I can.
If you think you might have brought bed bugs home with you, I recommend contacting a licensed pest control provider immediately. The friendly professionals at Orkin Pest Control are my go-to. To get in touch with your local branch, call 877-284-7429.
4. Deep Sleep Pillow Spray – Lavender is one of my all-time favorite scents and is an excellent natural remedy to treat insomnia, ease anxiety, and relax the body. ?I’ve been using this pillow mist for years and it always helps me fall asleep faster on a trip, even if the hotel pillows are too soft 🙂 Also, a very good Snoozel Green mattress can ease your insomnia so that you can sleep more comfortable.
5. Speaking of Lavender, I use essential oils daily and one thing I never travel without is my ?Relax rollerball and Thieves essential oil. The rollerball helps to turn off my mind at night ?and give me overall emotional support. ?It’s great for kids and adults of all ages ?and definitely came in handy a few times when Evelyn was wound up on a sugar high during our Disney trip. ?I use 10 drops each of Lavender, Cedarwood, Copaiba, and Frankincense?? mixed with fractionated coconut oil in a glass roller ball. [roller balls and the fractionated coconut oil can be purchased on Amazon]. Thieves oil is great for providing immunity support since we all know traveling can weaken our immune system. You can put a few drops on the bottom of your feet and on your spine. If you have space in your luggage I highly recommend packing a small diffuser and diffusing thieves in your hotel room!
Do you have any upcoming travel planned for the year? Let me know in the comments where you are headed!