I am a little late on this post but it has taken me a while to put all my “resolutions” together. If I can even call them that. I should really call it a wish list. Things I wish to accomplish this year. 2013 was such a great year, filled with awesome memories and exciting time. It was also one of the fastest years of my life. I met so many amazing new mommy friends and became part of a really amazing mom’s group. It has been so great watching all the babies grow into toddlers. I am looking forward to the years ahead of us and feel so lucky to have such a wonderful support system of other mothers. <3 We finished out the year with a low key family celebration at our home with drinks and a yummy dinner and bed by 10:30. I can’t remember the last time I stayed up until midnight, and it was probably a good 3+ years ago. Besides, with a toddler who wakes up at 6am, why stay up late?
– Exercise. Yes, that is always number one on everyone’s list and seems to always be on the top of mine too. It’s so easy not to exercise because something else comes up, I’m tired or just lazy. I need to train my mind and body to make it a priority and fit it in. Certain things will need to take a backseat because I need to be healthy for Henry and also set good examples for him.
– Food Prep and meal planning. Part of eating healthy is having snacks and meals on hand so you’re not grabbing junk. That has always been one of my biggest downfalls; not preparing enough and then grabbing something crappy when I’m starving. And then I feel like shit.
– Working more to pay off debt. We have been so good these past few months, paying off several credit cards and really getting our finances in shape. It makes us feel so good and responsible. We have laid out a plan for every week and hope to be debt free by summer!
– Blog more consistently, at least 3 times a week. I keep this blog to mostly update Henry’s life for our family across the country. I also love sharing certain things that appeal to me (recipes, crafts, clothes, etc). It kind of reminds me of livejournal or Xanga (anyone remember those?) but more fun.
– Document Henry in the 52 Project. A portrait each week of the year and then compile them into an album at the end of the year.
– Dental Health. I need to remember to brush my teeth every night and make regular dentist appointments. There are some nights when I go to bed without brushing my teeth. Gross.
– Read more. When I was single I used to read all the time. Once I got married and had Henry, other things always seem to come up, or I’m too tired at the end of the day and just want to veg out and play candy crush. I would like and try to read one book a month. After all, I’ve been in a book club since last summer and need to be a better member!
– Update the house. We have been in this house for just over 2 years and there are certain things that I would still like to do. New carpet in the basement, updated curtains in the master, hang art, etc.
– Bake/Make something new once a month. Whether it is a craft or new cupcake recipe, I want to get back into making new things.
I could come up with a lot more but I want to keep these to a realistic minimum. Here’s to a great 2014!