This post is sponsored by Depend, Poise, Ensure, and Glucerna but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Did you know that November is National Family Caregivers Month? This year’s theme is “Caregiving Around the Clock.” While you may not be in a caregiver role now, it’s something that many of us will need to consider as our parents and loved one get older. As my grandmother gets older, the discussion has already begun regarding who will take care of her. While we may not be there just yet, being prepared and aware of your options when thinking about transitioning into the role of a caregiver is something that should be on your radar. As she gets older, we have also spoken about finding ways to ensure she stays mobile and independent. One of our elderly neighbors has recently purchased an electric wheelchair from Scooters ‘N Chairs, so this is definitely something we will consider too. Above all, helping your elderly loved ones go about their day to day activities is so important. Furthermore, products from the Sam’s Club Caregiving program are essential to have on hand so that caregivers can continue to provide the best possible care for those who rely on them. I’ve included some below in a senior care basket that I know my grandmother would love!
1. A Plush Robe – who doesn’t love a warm robe that also doubles as a blanket?
2. Cozy Slippers – Because no one likes cold feet!
3. Journal/Game – A crossword puzzle, word search, Sodoku or a journal for writing
4. Picture Frame with a photo of loved ones so they can feel close even if they aren’t physically present.
5. Coffee/Tea mug so they can sip their favorite warm beverage
6. Bottled Water – Staying hydrated is essential in keeping blood sugar levels regulated.
7. Personal Items like Poise Pads and Depend Disposable Underwear – Seniors or those in need of assistance can’t always get around that fast, so these items are vital in helping with accidents.
8. A box of tissues for beside the bed or end table to prevent unnecessary trips to the bathroom.
If who your caring for has pre-diabetes or diabetes, Glucerna is just one way you can help them manage blood sugar. In addition to portion control, exercising regularly, staying hydrated Influencers to talk about the other things they are doing to help regulate blood sugar levels. It’s a lot of small steps that help make a significant change! For those struggling with blood sugar management, replacing one meal or snack per day with Glucerna can help with Carbsteady, which are slowly digestible carbohydrates designed to help minimize blood sugar spikes.
If you don’t live near Sam’s Club, they offer a variety of products like Depend, Poise, Ensure and Glucerna. They have discreet shipping options and club pick-up so that you can get what you need no matter the time of day. For any questions about products listed, to please contact a pharmacist at your local Sam’s Club. Have you taken on a caregiver role before or know anyone who has? Is there anything else you would add to this care basket?